Outline of the enhanced health and safety controls that must be in place in each of these workplaces and summary of the protocols that will be in place in each environment going forward as a result of COVID-19.
WORK LOCATIONS & ENVIRONS
- Safe working environments
- Office space
- Meeting and training rooms
- Lunchrooms & kitchens
- Washrooms & change rooms
- Reception areas & customer service
- Mobile workers in the community
- Town vehicles
- Outdoor workers
- Garages, maintenance buildings & yards
- Waste collection
- Recreation centers, libraries & museums
- Home office
- Ensure cleaning and disinfectant products are accessible
- Train employees on the proper use of cleaning and disinfectant products
- Ensure high-touch areas like doors, door handles, and other shared equipment are cleaned regularly
- Inform employees about the schedule and frequency of third-party cleaners
- Ensure employees can maintain a physical distance of two metres from others
- Post signs indicating maximum number of people allowed in smaller spaces
- Use signage, floor stickers or arrows to direct the flow of traffic
- Rearrange workstation assignments, leave alternate desks empty, rotate days at work
- Stagger breaks, lunch hours, start and end times for employees.
- Where possible, require employees to stay within their own work location
- Install barriers to counters where the public has access, like reception and concession stands
STOP THE SPREAD
- Encourage employees to practice good hand hygiene
- Provide soap at all sinks
- Provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer where soap/water is not available
- Educate employees about coughing or sneezing into their sleeves
- Stay home if you are sick
- Place garbage cans at entrances and exits
- Discourage employees from sharing desks, chairs phones, keyboards or other equipment
- Ensure all employees complete and pass the health self-screening (PDF) before attending work.
- Post signage for visitor health screening and direct them to contact Public Health Services for more information.
- Provide personal protective equipment where required – non-medical reusable masks may be provided for employees who cannot maintain physical distancing.
- Provide employees with regular updates and information about the COVID-19 situation
- Share all relevant Standard Operating Procedures, schedules for cleaning and disinfecting, and other key information
- Post information about physical distancing, good hand hygiene and health screening
- Share updates from senior management regularly