Permit Applications & Review
- The Town continues to accept all Building Permit applications and will issue all OBC compliant permits in appropriate timeframes. Even though Permits will be issued, Constructors must still comply with the latest Provincial COVID19 Order for maintaining hygiene and social distancing.
- Customers can drop-off large non-confidential plans and relevant information in the clear plastic drop-bin within Town Hall main vestibule, during regular business hours. Cheques and confidential information should be mailed or dropped-off outside of the main vestibule, anytime, in the exterior “Secure Drop Box”. Completed applications, documents and plans that can be easily read and printed (at size no larger than 11” x 17”, containing not more than 10 pages and a maximum file size of 30 megabytes) are encouraged to be sent via PDF to BuildingPermits@TownofWS.ca
- Credit Card payments can be made by completing a digital form for amounts not exceeding $5,000 by sending in an emailed request to BuildingPermits@TownofWS.ca. Larger fees can be paid with cheques, which may be mailed or delivered to our Town Hall.
- Due to many COVID19 restrictions being lifted, we are experiencing a higher volume of applications at this time. We ask all applicants to understand that this is an unprecedented time and also know that the Building Services Division is working hard to provide the services you expect, in a timely manner.
- Inspections will be conducted on unoccupied buildings provided the project is either open to the exterior, or where social distancing can be being respected. The individual Inspector has the right to refuse the inspection if any appropriate safety protocols are not being followed.
- A minimum physical distance of 2 meters must always be maintained between construction personnel and the Inspector during any inspections. No inspections will be conducted on sites with personnel exhibiting any symptoms of sickness (COVID19 or any other sickness), or are known to have been in contact with persons with COVID19, or have travelled outside of Canada within the last 30 days.
- No physical inspections of occupied buildings will be conducted during this pandemic until Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health deems it to be safe to do so. The Town may accept Professional Review reports that are accompanied with photos and/or live virtual videos at the discretion of the assigned Inspector. Pre-approval for this virtual inspection must be made to the individual Inspector prior requesting an inspection. Where an individual Inspector determines it is impractical to inspect virtually, they may choose inspect occupied buildings if it is determined that the risk of contracting COVID19 is negligible. At the discretion of the Chief Building Official, work may be ordered to be uncovered if a construction stage was covered prior to Staff approval. Send your inquiries to Inspections@TownofWS.ca
- It is important to note that inspections will only be conducted on construction projects that follow the prescriptive hygiene and social distancing protocols, as set by the Province of Ontario.